Iskia Designs Jewellery is handcrafted with delicate metals, cut outs and semi-precious stones. This requires proper care to preserve its quality. Please follow these care instructions to preserve the longevity of your jewellery and to ensure you get the best out of your pieces.
- Avoid contact with chemicals and liquids (i.e. perfume, sea water, sweat, moisturiser and chlorine). Regular contact with these liquids will damage your
piece of jewellery over time.
- Do not expose your jewellery to humidity (bathrooms and sunrooms) and ensure it is not stored in direct sunlight (please polish your jewellery more frequently if in humid environments or salty air).
- If you live close to the ocean, please take extra care to store your piece away from the acidity of the salt air.
- Displaying your jewellery in humid conditions or in cabinets under strong or direct lighting will increase acceleration of tarnishing. Please take care to polish these regularly while on display. Please do not display your jewellery on any chemically treated timber displays. Jewellery can react to the varnish used on the timber.
- If you notice a change in colour such as a golden or dull tone to your jewellery, please use a proper silver polishing cloth to wipe this away.
- To ensure your earrings do not fall out, gently squeeze the earring hooks together once they are in the ear. For extra security we suggest wearing extra
- Store your jewellery in an airtight pouch to avoid tarnishing. We do not recommend storing your jewellery directly touching a treated timber box. Jewellery can react from the varnish used on the timber. If storing for long periods use a zip lock bag for extra protection.
- Polish your jewellery regularly with a silver polishing cloth especially after wear in hot, humid, salty or wet environments.
- Our cuffs are made to be adjustable, but need to be treated with care. Please ensure when bending or adjusting each piece that you do not use too much force. We will not be responsible for replacement of adjustable pieces broken due to mis-handling.